How soon will I be able to get an appointment?
- You will not have to wait months to be seen, our staff will work to schedule you as soon as possible. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest Emergency Room.
What type of treatments do you offer?
- Physical Therapy
- Botulinum Toxin Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Trigger Point Injections
- Intravenous Immunoglobulin Therapy
- Nerve Conduction Study
- MRI/MRA/CT Interpretation
What are some of the conditions that you treat?
- Sleep Disorders
- Movement Disorders
- Cancer Neurology
- Neuro Opthalmology
- Neuro Infectious Diseases
- Multiple Sclerosis & Neuroimmunology
- Facial Pain
- Muscle Contractions
- General Neurology
- Neuro Critical Care
- Headache & Migraine Pain
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Cognitive & Behavioral Neurology
- Excessive Contraction of Eyelid Muscles
- Excessive Sweating
- Global Neurology
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Epilepsy & Seizures Disorders
- Stroke & Cerebrovascular Diseases
This is not a full list of conditions that we are able to treat. Please contact our office at 219-836-2096 if you have any questions pertaining to other conditions.
How are neurological disorders treated?
- Treatment or symptomatic relief is different for each condition, we will perform and interpret tests of the brain or nervous system in order to properly diagnose your condition.
What are some of the warning signs indicating I should see a Neurologist?
- Loss of feeling or tingling
- Persistent or sudden onset of a headache
- A headache which changes
- Lack of coordination
- Muscle spasms or tics
- Sudden loss of sight
- Weakness or loss of muscle strength
What insurance plans do you take?
- We accept Medicare, most of the major carriers in the area and Indiana Medicaid. It is your responsibility to check your specific benefits with your insurance carrier to confirm that we are in network with your specific plan. If you have a plan which requires a referral to a specialist, it is your responsibility to obtain that referral from your PCP. We also offer cash rates for self-pay patients, please call our office for more information.
Why are some patients taken back to the examination area first, when I have been waiting longer?
- Each provider has a unique schedule based on his or her needs. Our providers strive to stay on schedule, but there are occasions where unscheduled, medically urgent patients have to be worked in. We also have a variety of procedures and diagnostic tests, that do not involve the assistance of a provider, so they are scheduled separately.
What will I have to pay at my appointment?
- We collect all co-pays at the time of service, as well as any outstanding balance.
Which hospitals are the Midwest Neurology Associates providers affiliated with?
- Community Hospital: Munster, IN
- St. Margaret’s Hospital: Dyer, IN
Schedule an Appointment